Welcome to Adjusters International
Public Adjusters Serving Washington, Oregon, Utah, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii
We're professional loss consultants who work exclusively for you. Having us on your side eliminates the inherent conflict of interest that exists when one person attempts to represent both you and your insurance company. Personalized service and proven expertise are the hallmarks of our reputation—just ask any of our many satisfied clients. Your successful financial recovery after an insured claim is always our top priority.
Since 1970, our public adjusters have assisted local business owners and homeowners—just like you—in Washington, Oregon, Utah, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii. We know how to handle claims that are the result of all types of perils—fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm, theft, vandalism, business interruption—anything associated with a property insurance policy. And we have the expertise to negotiate with the companies that insure them. With our resources and experience, here's what we'll do for you:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of your policy and assist you in complying with your policy's requirements.
- Prepare a detailed estimate of damages to your home or business structure.
- Quantify code upgrade costs if they are covered.
- Analyze all construction estimates by preparing a formal “bid comparison” to identify any omissions.
- Prepare detailed inventories of all your property. Personal property if it is your home. Or stock, business personal property, machinery and equipment, and betterments and improvements if it is your business.
- Quantify your time element claim. Additional living expenses if it is your home. Or your loss of business income, rental income, and extra expenses if it is your business.
- Present your itemized claim package (with your approval) to your insurer.
- Work as your advocate at all inspections and meetings.
- Communicate with you every step of the way.
- Save you time so that you can focus on your family or your business.
- Relieve you of the stress and emotional burden of dealing with the complex matters associated with preparing your claim.
- Maximize your financial recovery with a proactive claim management strategy using all of our best efforts.
Our firm began as the Lucurell Company when Bob Lucurell, now chairman of Adjusters International, discovered there were no public adjusting firms in the Northwest after fire damaged a hotel he co-owned in Olympia, Washington. Drew Lucurell, Bob's son, is now the company president. In 1985 our firm, along with a group of leading public adjusting firms in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, foresaw the need for an international network of highly skilled public adjusters who could bring specific expertise to servicing any type of loss, anywhere, at any time. Adjusters International was the result. Today we serve policyholders throughout the Northwest and Hawaii, upholding the highest principles of business ethics and standards.
New E-Edition of Adjusting Today, Just Released
The latest E-Edition of Adjusting Today “Cosmetic Damage Exclusion Stirs Controversy” is now available! Penned by veteran claims professional and respected author Robert J. Prahl, CPCU, this edition ...
The latest E-Edition of Adjusting Today “Cosmetic Damage Exclusion Stirs Controversy” is now available! Penned by veteran claims professional and respected author Robert J. Prahl, CPCU, this edition along with its companion article, “Actual Cash Value for Roof Surfacing,” discusses the timely topic of cosmetic damage exclusions in homeowner and commercial property insurance policies. This matter is still unfolding, and time will tell whether such endorsements become standard or merely optional and used infrequently.
Your comments about this article, topic suggestions and continued feedback are always appreciated. Subscriptions to Adjusting Today are available in hardcopy format, electronic format, or both. Thank you for your readership.
Read full article
Latest Edition of Adjusting Today — Available Now!
The 45th edition of Adjusting Today is now off the press! This issue contains in-depth articles on two separate clauses and endorsements that have been the source of ...
The 45th edition of Adjusting Today is now off the press! This issue contains in-depth articles on two separate clauses and endorsements that have been the source of frequent litigation. “Vacancy/Occupancy Clauses in Property Insurance — An Often Overlooked but Significant Limitation” headlines this latest edition. Here insurance claims professional Robert J. Prahl, CPCU, discusses the important aspects of this property insurance clause, including how insurers and courts have viewed the terms vacant and unoccupied. In the second article, “Protective Safeguards Endorsements — Issues and Implications,” Prahl examines the implications of this endorsement, what happens when a loss occurs, and how the courts have viewed these endorsements.
In 1989, Adjusting Today was introduced as a public service from Adjusters International. As we mark our 25th anniversary, readers continue to acknowledge the valuable role Adjusting Today plays in helping them understand and stay current with critical issues affecting property damage and business interruption claims. This popular publication is offered in hard copy or PDF format and insurance professionals, business owners and anyone interested in staying current in the ever-changing insurance industry can subscribe now.
Read full article