Wildfire Insurance Claims Help
The loss of our home was a devastating experience, financially and emotionally. It did not take us long to realize that we did not have the time and energy to begin rebuilding our lives, deal with the insurance company and their requirements, and still continue to work at our jobs and lead a life that had some pleasure in it. Furthermore, we also realized that we did not have the experience to formulate the inventory list, establish the value of the home we lost and maximize our insurance benefits. It was very obvious that this would be the largest financial transaction of our lives. From our initial contact with Adjusters International to our final dealings last week we have had the pleasure of dealing with consummate professionals… If we had not dealt with Adjusters International, we are certain that we would have settled for a great deal less and the consequence would have been that the rest of our lives would have been compromised.
Steven Chew, D.D.S.
Following the trauma of an evacuation, and the uncertainty of the condition of your home and possessions, comes the reality of the aftermath. Perhaps your home was spared total destruction, perhaps your home is full of smoke and ash or perhaps your landscaping has been burnt away. Whatever the reality of the aftermath is, you now face the daunting task of putting together an insurance claim and negotiating with a professional adjuster representing an insurance company.
Contact us today at 800.426.0677 to see how we can assist you with your property damage claim. There is no charge for a consultation where our professionals will review your policy and damages. To us, it is not just about getting the most out of your insurance claim, but helping you through the entire recovery process.
We at Adjusters International have been helping firestorm victims put their lives back together starting with the 1991 Oakland Hills firestorm and every major firestorm to have hit the West since then. Our public adjusters have represented and have garnered recommendations from our clients who were affected by dozens of firestorms.
Adjusters International Client References and Testimonials
Fire Damage Claims Articles/Resources
What will Adjusters International do for you?
Our experts will accurately prepare a detailed claim taking into account the peculiarities of a wildfire loss. Such as:
- The intense radiant heat may have compromised utility lines in the earth.
- The particulates of the smoke and ash which may cause serious health issues.
- The total destruction of your home and perhaps your entire neighborhood.
- Your home’s foundation may have been compromised or destroyed by the radiant heat.
- How long will it take to rebuild?
- Will competent trades people be available and at what premium?
- Are you covered for the increased cost of construction?
- Where will your family live while this process unfolds?
- What is the best way to maximize all aspects of you claim so you don’t “Leave money on the table?”
Whether you believe the insurance company is your friend or you realize that it is “just business,” it is your responsibility to present your claim to the insurance company and demand payment. We have always believed that letting the insurance company decide how much should be paid on a claim is the same as asking the IRS to prepare your tax return. However well-meaning and sympathetic an individual may be, they must perform their job at the level and manner decided by their superiors. The simple truth is that your interests and those of the insurance company are not aligned.
What to do After a Loss
The loss you have recently suffered can be very draining. By immediately taking the proper actions, you have the power to minimize the disaster’s financial impact AND improve your recovery.
- Report your loss to your insurance company.
- Mitigate your loss and protect the property from further damage.
- Control access to the premises.
- Move quickly to save special property such as books, manuscripts, etc.
- Take pictures and videos of your home or business.
- Find housing for your family.
- Have an initial policy analysis and claim strategy prepared.
- Understand your duties and requirements.
- Remember values are subjective in nature and vary considerably.
- Be aware that you have certain time limits in which you must file a form, called a Proof of Loss.
- Know the players, including who the insurance company’s representatives are.
- Know your agent or broker’s role.
- Document your activities in a log. Take notes on all conversations with your insurance company and its representatives.
- Take a proactive position, you must make a claim.
- By calculating your loss first, you have the advantage of telling the company adjuster you know something of what you are entitled.
- Original or duplicate receipts are an important way to prove a loss. If no receipts are available, verification of ownership can be proven by affidavit.
- Hire your own experts.
- Do not rely solely on your historical records—secure current replacement estimates.
- Coordinate the dwelling, personal property and loss of use claims.
- Consult a Public Adjuster to see if they can help.
- Check their references.
- Are they members of the National Association Of Public Insurance Adjusters?
- Are they Better Business Bureau members?
- Do they offer no-cost consultations?
- Understand that your claim will have to be verified.
- Understand the negotiation process.
- Don’t let your insurance company dictate your settlement!
For more about residential claims, please see Factors to Consider.
Our goal is to:
- Relieve your emotional burden of having to deal with an insurance company.
- Generate a higher settlement for you with the insurance company.
- Allow you to focus on keeping your life as normal as possible with confidence that your insurance claim will not suffer.
- Handle all aspects of your claim while you focus on your family and/or business.
A company is only as good as the references it can share with you. Our references list boasts over one thousand residential references. Check our references today. And then Contact Us to get more information on how we can help you through this process.